Pages

Monday, February 29, 2016

12 Kits of Occasions - February '16

HAPPY Monday and welcome to the 12 Kits of Occasions- the February/'Watercolor Wonder' edition! Nancy was our hostess with the most-est this month and WOW did she outdo herself! SO MANY great things in this February kit-watercolors, watercolor pencils, masking fluid, beautiful pp, lovely dies, etc. Ahh.... the list goes on!
Please be sure to take a peek at what the 12 Kits of Occasions DT has created! It always astounds me to see what beautiful, and varied, creations the designers conjure up, given an identical kit! Loving each and every card/project!


























This first card uses watercolors and rock salt - a technique that I've never tried (probably because it requires patience/drying time!).  I added a bit of perfect pearls in there too (ala Jennifer McGuire). Wow.....what a pretty, and happy, result!


























These beautiful watercolored flowers are so pretty! However, I am certainly no artiste when it comes to execution.... it seems that the messier and less precise, the better the outcome. Love this orange/navy combo!


























What a lovely bit of sparkle in both of the patterned papers (which is quite a challenge to appreciate in this photo!). CAS is always the way to go and I adore the yellow/black/white color combination.


























LOTS of sparkle here! Louis Vuitton should be so jealous!


























Yup..... lots o' sparkle here too! I utilized this beautiful tag and fussy cut those pretty blooms!





















OK, now we're moving onto 'crazy town' watercoloring! Loved just playing around....
This colored panel used the very same watercolor/rock salt technique, but with quite different/more subtle results.


























More playing with the watercolors. Shoulda/coulda lined up those panels.
Perhaps it's time to get back to the watercolor experiments!

MANY thanks to Nancy for providing such a fantastic kit! And... welcome to our GD, Marcia!

13 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Lots of things I love here Michelle! The white flowers on the kraft tag is a total winner - so clean and elegant! The gold diamonds that you left all the pieces in, and the rock salt background on the butterflies. All gorgeous!

Betty said...

all of your cards are wonderful - what a fantastic kit this month!!

Marybeth said...

You are just so talented Michelle! Each card is a work of art! Love the one you showcased on the blog and the pretty gold tone cards! The last two are bright and sure to bring on a happy smile !

I Card Everyone said...

You've done water-colored wonders here, Michelle! I wish I'd come over for a salt lesson - gorgeous!
=]

Marcia Hill said...

WOW!!! Your cards are all so beautiful Michelle! I don't think I can even pick a favorite as they all stand out to me! Your water coloring on all of them is just gorgeous! This has been SO fun for me to see how every one used the same supplies and came up with totally different and amazing cards...totally had a blast doing the 12 Kits of Occasions with all of you!! :0)

Lisa Elton said...

So much prettiness in this post Michelle!! Love that we both used the same flowers on the kraft polka dot tag!!

Sharron said...

You really rocked the salt technique, Michelle! Your butterfly card is stunning! Wonderful design with the gems and I love the white magnolia for the tag!

Karen said...

These are just gorgeous cards!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! These are fantastic works of art! I love that butterfly coverplate and you made it sing, but I have to say my favorite is the third. You masterfully balanced that bold paper on the right with the graphic strips on the left, wonderful!

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous cards, Michelle! Love the use of the watercolor pieces on the last card.

Tracey McNeely said...

So many beautiful creations Michelle. Your rock salt watercolour is gasp-worthy of my it turned out so well. Love the way you did not poke out the spaces of the diamonds and your tag card is beautiful. Well done!

Joyce said...

Such an amazing post, Michelle. I love all of your projects. Gorgeous water coloring--I think that my favorite card is your last. I love how you created those fun little panels and then used your die cut sentiment.

Lindsey said...

Michelle, I'm completely blown away..wow! Your rock salt card is brilliant...I was not patient enough to let it dry, and now I see I need to try again because the effect can be even more amazing. Love how you incorporated the Happy die-cut into your sentiment and I think your "crazy town" water color card is super fun.